Telephone: 01874 620104
Brecon & District Credit Union is a not-
Brecon & District Credit Union
Please note, by clicking on one of the above links you will be
Credit Union Privacy Notice
Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd (BDCU) requires personal information from members to meet legal obligations and/or form a contract. Without this information membership may not be possible
It is important that you read this notice and any additional Privacy notices that we may provide to ensure that you are aware of how the Credit Union is using your data.
Data Protection Principles
Personal information that we hold about you must be:
How we use your personal data
BDCU will only use your personal data legally. This may be in the following areas:
We will share your information outside the Credit Union. This may include:-
If we have to share data with a third party, we expect them to respect the security of your data and treat it in accordance with the law.
The Credit Union does not directly send data outside the European Union.
Personal information will be retained as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes that it was collected for. This will include satisfying legal, accounting and reporting requirements. Details of retention periods are available in the Data Protection Policy.
Rights related to automatic processing.
BDCU does not use an automated decision-
Job applicants, current and former employees
When individuals apply to work at BDCU we will only use the information they supply to us to process their application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for 6 months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted. Once a person has taken up employment with BDCU we will compile a file relating to their employment, this will be kept securely.
Credit Union website
When someone visits the website run by BDCU at www.breconcreditunion.co.uk we will collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone.
Cookies let you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide.
Our website uses:
Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies:
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website.
Category 2: Performance Cookies:
These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor.
Category 3: Functionality Cookies:
These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features
The Credit Union has a person responsible for overseeing Data Protection. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how the Credit Union handles your personal information, please contact the responsible person. The Credit Union will aim to respond to your request or query within one month or provide an explanation of the reason for any delay.
If you feel that the Credit Union’s processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
You can contact them via their website https://ico.org.uk or phone 0303 123 1113
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time and will provide a new privacy notice when substantial updates are made.
Contact details of the Credit Union:-
Name Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd
Address Steeple House, Steeple Lane, Brecon LD3 7DJ
Phone 01874 620104
E mail email@example.com
Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority 213604
Access to this Site and the use of information contained on it is governed by the terms and conditions set out below. These terms and conditions are important and are for the protection of both you and Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd. By browsing this website you will be deemed to have accepted them.
1. This Site is established in the United Kingdom (UK) in accordance with the laws of the UK and will be governed by the laws of that country. When you use the Site, you accept that your use of the Site and any information on the Site, will also be governed by the laws of the UK and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the Site or any of the information on it, you agree that the UK courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over all such claims or disputes.
2. Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd have provided the contents of this Site for your information only. The distribution of information on the Site may be restricted by local law or regulation in certain jurisdictions. This information is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any such jurisdiction and persons accessing these pages should inform themselves about and observe any such restrictions. If you are in any doubt as to whether this Site can be lawfully used by you please do not proceed further.
3. Information about some of the products and services on this Site is subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available. Details of such restrictions are set out on the pages to which they relate and you should read those details carefully before proceeding to the rest of the relevant page.
4. Information about some of the products and services on this Site are subject to additional Legal Notices and Warnings. These notices and warnings are important and are for the protection of both you and Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd. Please take the time to carefully read all Legal Notices and Warnings on the pages of this Site that you visit.
5. Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd have given the information on the Site in good faith. We have taken the information from trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that all of the information on the Site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not represent that this is the case and it should not be relied upon as such. Please note that we may update or alter the information on this Site at any time without giving notice of the alterations. Any opinions and estimates expressed reflect our judgement at the date given and are also subject to change without notice.
Accordingly you agree not to hold us responsible for any inaccuracies or omissions. If you do not understand or if you have any queries on any of the information on the Site, Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd recommend that you consult a professional financial adviser.
6. Please note that the sending of personal information via e-
7. Some pages on this Site contain hypertext links to web sites not maintained by Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd. You are reminded that when you enter other web sites via such hypertext links, you will not be subject to these terms and conditions and you will not benefit from the protections afforded to you in using our Site. Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
8. Access to and use of this Site is at the user’s risk and Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd do not represent or warrant that the use of this Site or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this Site or any its contents.
9. The information contained in this Site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Site. Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site.
10. The contents of this Site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd without notification. The information in this Site may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. Brecon & District Credit Union Ltd accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this Site up to date or liability for any failure to do so.
11. Copyright in the Site and the information set out on it belongs to us and may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without our prior consent.